Wednesday, July 4, 2012

whoopie pies


hello! I'm Rachel S from Stand out don't fit in and  I'm guest posting for Marcelle, she has a cute blog! don't you all agree?


I like baking. and here is one of the recipes of many I like

Whoopie Pies, their sweet, tasty and delicious. Good for a big party and best the first day you make them..

Classic Chocolate Whoopie
from Whoopie Pies

1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, beat butter, shortening and sugar with a mixer on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for about 3 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla and beat for two more minutes.
Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and beat on low until incorporated. Repeat with remaining flour and milk and beat until combined.
Using a tablespoon, drop batter on baking sheet two inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes each or until pies spring back when pressed gently.
Remove from oven and cool for about five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
1 Tbsp of batter should make about 48 two-inch cakes or 24 pies.
2 Tbsp of batter should make about 30 four-inch cakes or 15 pies.


depending how big you want the cookies, make them small her big. I must admit though, big is kinda big. After they are baked and cooled on the racks, take marshmallow cream ( I love marshmallow cream! I used to eat it by the spoonfuls somtimes- that was rare!)  and dab some on the cookie and place another on it so its a sandwich. Enjoy!


Whats your favorite recipes?


Rachel S
I'm 16, a young lady growing up with my awesome sisters and brothers in Canada, the youngest,


 I'm the type that will sit at the dinner table and listen to the conversation.
 I'm a Christian, going where God wants me at the moment, at home being home schooled by my Mum and I'm learning the duties of a house wife and mother, cleaning, baking cooking and sewing. I love penpals, its fun writing to girls and sharing your life. I am the director of Teddy's cause, I love drawing teddy bear scenes and you can usally see me doodling teddy bears in school time.  I like talking, I like my friends, and I love my family! I am girly, but that doesn't mean I won't pull some pants on and go on adventures. I believe you can be still 100 percent girl and still be adventures.  and I love old time movies! their the best and Nostalgia music!

No comments:

Post a Comment